Sunday 31 October 2010

The Grid: Trainers Network

Who said training can't be fun? One of the first briefs I looked at was for a Joanne who runs a company which started off at The Grid, Red Elephant. As a well established sales training company she is looking to expand into the world of training by creating a new network for people and companies whom are in the training sector. My challenge was to create an identity for this new network. Using the bits and pieces of information I gathered and from talking to her I set out trying to create a simple identity that was not too far from her existing identity for Red Elephant, but after looking at the visuals from her current company I felt that they could have been better.


I started sketching a few ideas and moved quickly into illustrator to work with some type. Personally I liked the idea of keeping it simple, for something that was designed for people to use easily with clear visuals would be very important.


As inspiration I sought out typographyserved.com for inspiration on letterforms construction I particularly liked these I found, simple typography that was justified by slight adjustments in shape from it's basic font.


I came up with a logo design that was simple and versatile and proposed a number of different ways of presenting the logo using a mix and match profile. One of the hardest things i tried to get across was this idea of keep it simple, but it was almost insisted that i use all versions of the logo in the same space, I seriously think this would over complicate it. Overall i am pleased what I came up with, it still has a long way to go, I further proposed the logo onto a letterhead and website design.



Testing the initial ideas [Above], [Below] the final idea of what the logo could look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment